Would you like to earn degree credit for internships?
- With the 2022-2025 catalog, CSC 493 has been modified to allow degree credit.
- The degree programs (CSC and SE) are updated to include this course in the technical elective listings.
Constraints listed below:
- Students may enroll for 1-2 units of CSC 493 at a time (per internship).
- The internship must be current. Students will not receive retroactive course credit for CSC 493.
- Concurrent enrollment in two sections of CSC 493 is not allowed.
- The total number of units cannot exceed 4, and CSC 493 is in the same category as other limited courses as expressed in the catalog footnote: Up to a combined 4 units may be taken from CSC 400, CPE 400, CSC 490, CSC 493, or CSC 496.
- Students must provide evidence of an offer (an offer letter) for an internship before enrolling.
- Grading will be determined by completion of a rubric by the student’s work supervisor, so their contact information must be provided. We do have a provision for assigning credit if the supervisor does not complete the rubric, but the rubric is the preferred method.
- Permission numbers must be requested using the permission number power form located on the links and forms tab.
- Enrollment in the course must coincide with the time the internship is taken.