BLENDED B.S. + M.S. in Computer Science
This program provides a means for academically excellent upper-division students to complete the M.S. Computer Science graduate studies while completing the B.S. Computer Science, B.S. Computer Engineering, or B.S. Software Engineering degree requirements. See the full list of eligibility requirements here.
We support students in developing advanced knowledge of computer science appropriate for research, education and leadership roles in industry. We provide research oriented experiences to help students grow professionally, develop skills in open-ended problem solving, and deepen their critical thinking skills. We continue our work building an inclusive computer science community that benefits our department, the university, and the world.
Blended Program Benefits
- Simplified Masters application process
- Potential to double-count a limited number of units
- Access to graduate student facilities
- TA appointments (if available)
- Graduate student priority registration after submission & acceptance of Change of Objective form by Evaluations i.e., upon completion of 180 units
- Students do not pay $55 application fee for MS program
- Students are not required to take the GRE (General Record Exam)
BLENDED B.S. + M.S. Degree Requirements
The program is designed for maximum flexibility to allow students to concentrate in one or more areas of study. The program consists of 20 units of graduate coursework (500-level), 16 units of advisor approved electives (400 or 500-level), and 9 units of thesis. The CSSE department only offers a thesis option for the MS degree. There is no test-only option.
If you take the Research Senior Project courses (CSC 497 + CSC 498) to meet your senior project requirement you have the option of taking an additional 4 units of a 500-level course in lieu of 4 units of thesis (CSC 596 + CSC 597).